You touch your favorite car and it just electrocuted you! It’s weak, but it’s always so unpleasant. Why does something like this even happen. Is there some problem with the car electronics or can it be all about the static electricity? This kind of thing is especially strange, because your favorite vehicle doesn’t look like a wool sweater after all.
It is worth noting right away that you should not seriously worry about a car being electrocuted these days. Happens because of the accumulation of static electricity. The only thing, with what it can harm – is to put a person in an awkward situation as a result of the unexpected. Of course, a static shock is always unpleasant and painful, but no more than that. Modern cars use voltages of up to 12 volts, just for maximum safety.
What are the reasons for the appearance of static electricity in a car? In fact, there are too many possible reasons to try to list them all. Here, it will be enough to say that sometimes they may be the most unusual. For example, a car can start getting static even because it has synthetic seat covers on its seats. Often the cause of static accumulation is the air flow. Therefore, it is more important to know what to do to get rid of static electricity.
If the car is electrocuted from the outside (when touching the body). In this case, it is necessary to arrange a quality grounding. There is no need to reinvent the wheel here. It is enough to go to a car store and buy a special rubber strip with a metal rod, which is under the car.
If the car is electrocuted inside. In this case, you must also go to a car store and find there special chemical compositions against static. They are sold in characteristic cans. As a rule, such “chemicals” do not pose any threat to a person. Usually, one treatment is enough for several months of driving.